Hi Rene,

I have a friend who administers a directory for a large university with
approximately double the number of users you mention and quite a few more
servers, across 15 sites. There are no scalability problems with doing
this, but its worth noting that your life will be easier the better you
plan the initial OU structure and associated right delegation/group
policies.

If you haven't read it, grab a copy of Mission Critical Active Directory (
Mickey Balladelli, Jan de Clercq, Butterworth-Heinemann; ISBN: 1555582400).
The authors, involved with Compaq, describe how they designed and built an
AD containing 100 million users (the entire US phone book), just to prove a
point. Makes interesting reading!

Cheers,
Paul

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Rene Chakraborty"     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           16/07/2002 14:22       |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |
|         |                                  |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                          |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ActiveDir] Site Login

Comments Welcome:

    I am considering the idea of merging all my child-domains back into the
parent domain but am not sure.  I've have 47,568 users in AD, 112 servers
and 3,200 workstations across 8 sites.  I've heard AD horror stories if you
try to have this many objects in 1 AD domain.  Comments?

Rene