Wes --
  I just completed an inplace upgrade.  It wasn't too bad, but it had a couple of
troublesome moments.  Get the whitepaper from microsoft on upgrading exchange 5.5 to
2000, then get the rest of the docs from microsoft about potential problems.  Some
docs say you cannot be in mixed mode, others tell you how to upgrade and stay in mixed
mode.  (we stayed in mixed mode)

  During the inplace upgrade of our exchange server the install process failed (it
hung in the middle of the mailbox upgrade) and after a call to PSS we had to go back
to exchange 5.5 (then restore the IS from tape backup) and make some changes, then run
the upgrade again.

  As of now we are running AD in mixed mode, exchange 2000.  Single domain. Two domain
controllers. No DHCP or WINS.   We're having a couple of interesting issues that I
haven't tracked down yet, but I'd say 95% is up and running.

  I can get you more information if you desire.

Tom Gray, Network Engineer
All Kinds of Minds & The Center for Development and Learning
Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AT&T Net: (919)960-8888