From: stefano tufillaro [mailto:stufillaro@;hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Scripting question

Hello John

I don't know you specifi situation i can tell you my experience.

I needed a backup printer server.
Two hundred client was using it (Windows 98, NT , 2000).

I gave another name to the new server (SRVPRINTER02)
The old was SRVPRINTER01.
I created the same queues of SRVPRINTER01 by PrintMigrator3 on SRVPRINTER02.
After the SRVPRINTER01 is off-line.

When the server SRVPRINTER01 crashes I
1) rename SRVPRINTER02 in SRVPRINTER01
2) give the same IP address of SRVPRINTER01 in SRVPRINTER02

3) make on-line the new SRVPRINTER01 and in the same Domain-situation of the

old SRVPRINTER01

For all the client that is absolutely transparent so I need to change
anything because the client use NETBIOS
resolution (ES: \\srvprinter01\HPLASERJ3)
or IP / Netbios resolution
(ES: \\172.16.16.1\HPLASERJ3)

I hope that is useful