From: stefano tufillaro [mailto:stufillaro@;hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Scripting question

Ok
if you must change the name of the print server (example srvprinternew
against srvprinterold) i 'll make this:

1) use PM to have the same queues in the srvprinternew

2) now migrate the client by a sample script that you can launch from a GP
(you are in AD) if they are Win2k or by policy domain if they are NT /
Win98.
Alternatively you can use a sample login scripts but this required a logon
(automatically or simulate but logon)

But you can use a photo difference in a machine-test so to generate an alias

installing packet (.MSI) that is the mechanism used by SMS, TNG, SYmantec,
packet to run on every machine.
If you need of a creator of MSI look at your Win2k CD in support and search
for winstle product.
Is very easier to use.
Good Luke