From: Chris J. Popp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Outlook XP makes me want to throw it out the window!

Get your attention with the subject? :)

I have been battling a problem with one of my user's machines for the past
week. She is running Windows XP Pro, Office XP Pro SP1. Whenever she starts
up her Outlook, she gets prompter for the username, password and server.

I put the information in exactly as it should be (and have verified with my
AD on the server) and I get the following message:

"Your login information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
type in your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator
requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon
with your new password."

I re-check the info in the AD on the server via VNC so I am right there at
her terminal doing double checks. I re-enter the password, and get the
message again. I change the password on the AD, then enter the new password
on her Outlook (usually use 1 as the password so I know I type it correct)
and still get the above error.

I need to get this resolved for her as she is in charge of accounting and
has made my life hell in the past because since I am the IT Manager I should
be all knowing, all powerful (a common misconception by those users that
know no better)

So, please if anyone knows what I can do to resolve this, please let me
know. I'm at my wits end!

Thanks,
Chris