Continuing from Justin's Post:

Currently our intranet user management system is completely based on
LDAP and ADSI.

Our organization is now breaking up our initial server into a
parent/child domain structure. I will use PDC for the name of the domain
controller, DOMAIN for our DNS name and CHILD for the child domain.

If I specify the child domain in the programming as either:
set ADS = getObject("LDAP://DC=CHILD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=Com";)

or

set ADS = getObject("LDAP://CHILD.DOMAIN.com/DC=CHILD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=com";)

It only returns the object as domainDNS and will not list any child
objects.

The object(s) we are interested in are in a child domain of the PDC on
which the script runs.

For example, I have no problems retriving the Users container from the
PDC, but if I want the Users container from the Child Domain Controller
("LDAP://CHILD.DOMAIN.com/OU=USERS,DC=CHILD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=com";), using
either of the specified paths, it gives me a path not found
error...80072030

The script is running as Administrator, so permissions should not be an
issue.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm