Title: Message
I opened the security template   xxxxxx.inf  and made a batch file to undo or remove additions and modifications made by the template.

Thanks to everyone for the responses

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Kingslan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 9:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remove a Local Security Template

Folks,

Don't forget - security templates make more than just changes to registry.  You can affect group memberships via the restricted groups, permission on services, permissions on registry, added registry entries, permissions on NTFS, blah, blah, blah.

Oh, and if you implemented any of the 10 or so suggested TCP/IP registry settings to further secure TCP/IP, those aren't reversed either.

None of this is going to be affected by simply purging a .SDB and log file and refreshing the 'current' settings.  As these were additions TO the current, the current doesn't know anything about them.  The only way to reverse them is to track your changes with a change control procedure.

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
Associate Expert