Title: Message

That’s only if he decides to migrate to Exchange 2K right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Zukerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Native Mode in AD

It can be done, but there is an issue with the public folders and the distribution lists that have been given access to them. See the following Q article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297016

Don't be scared. They say you "must" run in native mode. That's not true. If your public folder hierarchy is well developed and has complex nested permissions, then it is definitely in your best interest to go native. If you don't have a complex hierarchy and permissions, you can manually enumerate your groups out to the members and then you are fine. When you are ready to go to native mode (win2k, not exchange), then you can use universal security groups.

Hope this helps,

Marc Zukerman

Senior Network Engineer

Greenwich Technology Partners