Guido,

Thanks for the reply - always appreciate hearing from you.

I agree completely that the complexity of a domain rename is not a light
undertaking (understatement of the year) given that the Microsoft White
Paper detailing the process wheighs in at a whopping 100 pages.

(Clearing the record)

I hope that no one construed that my advice was that the domain rename was
'not as bad as it looks'.  The message was that getting to Forest Functional
mode was not a huge issue - no where near as daunting as getting to Windows
2000 Native.

In no way am I suggesting that the domain rename process is easily
accomplished or advisable - the process, as you pointed out is fraught with
difficulty.

I, too, would love to witness the planning and execution of a successful
rename.  However, I doubt that it's going to occur with the given toolset.
At present, the risks FAR outweigh the minimal reward.

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
Associate Expert