Title: Message
True to your overall statement, if you lock things down and only allow updates through interfaces with business rules you can completely control what goes out there.

I am curious about your initial statement, are you saying you have something that injects into the AD internal processes and will inflict business rules on updates irregardless of source? I wasn't aware anyone had something like that but fully figured someone would do it if MS didn't. OR are you simply saying what I said above, you lock things down and only allow updates through interfaces with business rules?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hazelman, Doug
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 4:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Locking Down User Information Fields in AD

Joe,

There are <plug> third party tools that do allow you to define "rules" for property validation that are enforced on the server side and not the client side so that they can't be bypassed.  You can define that the phone number must be in the format (xxx) xxx-xxxx and it will not allow x to be anything but numeric.  This format is OK if you're a North America only company, it gets more complex if you need to support multiple country phone number formats.  These tools also allow for a simplified and customizable web interface for users to go to for making the change themselves </plug>.

-doug

Director of Product Management
Aelita Software