I'd suspect the delay is caused by the system trying to convert the SID's
back to the account name, which is normal.

I'd expect that the delay is caused by too few Global Catalog servers, but
that's not necessarily the case. How are your GC's layed out?

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm