From: Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 9:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] slow guid resolution

First off, it is a SID translation not a GUID translation, retry your
searches based on that as I'm sure that confused the matter.

How many security principals do you have in the ACL chain? If it is
greater than 6 or 7 you probably need to start looking at a better
security structure utilizing groups instead of userids being directly
added to ACL's.

Also when you list group memberships on a member machine that has
members from the other domains do you see a delay or errors?

Finally as with almost all issues around AD that are based symptoms of
going slow, are you sure your DNS system is all working properly? Have
you done a network trace to see if DNS queries are being made that are
being responded to with unknown name or possibly not being responded to?
While you have the network sniffer out I would also look at the trace to
see if there are any obvious delays between requests and responses
between the client and the server(s).