You've gotta pass protocol 47 (GRE) as well as TCP port 1723.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Sumilang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 10:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Windows 2000 VPN

Ok heres the deal. I set up Microsoft's VPN Service with the wizard
provided when going to the Routing and Remote Access program. I thought
just following that and testing that the client connects fine is all I
needed to do. I set the router to forward all data coming from port
1723 to the server also. I just got home, start up my personal computer
running Windows 2000 and create a VPN connection to the office and it
connected and authenticated my user information fine.

Now heres the problem, I thought when I VPN into a network it is like
actually physically being their with your computer so thus I should be
able to ping and connect to shared files on the network but I cant? I
don't see anything?!?!?!?! All I get is this little monitor connection
sitting in my system tray saying that I am connected. I also thought it
would be interesting to check the IP I am when I go to the internet and
it gave the office's IP http://www.whatismyip.com/ and my internet IP
when I disconnect so thus I know something is working.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I want to be able see all the
computers on the network, ping them, and access shares.

Thanks
- Richard S.