-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thommes,
Michael M.
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:10 AM
To: Active Directory Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] overlapping IP space in AD sites?

Hi,
   We have a pretty complex IP structure with various types of access.
As we develop AD sites for low bandwidth connected remote offices, I was
wondering how AD handles site subnet definitions that might overlap one
another.  For example:

10.10.0.0/16 = Site 1
10.10.88.0/25 = Site 2

The AD Sites and Services mmc allows (doesn't complain) about
overlapping subnets.  As always, any comments or experiences in this
area are appreciated!

Mike Thommes
Argonne National Laboratory