Title: Message

When I re-applied SP4 I had the option to archive the files which would have overwritten the SP3 archive files. I elected not to overwrite the SP3 archive so that I would still have the rollback option available.

Compaq is going to replace the CPU this evening. I doubt seriously that it will resolve the problem, but it will eliminate the last piece of hardware that could possibly be contributing to this problem. If the problem remains the same, I’m going to roll back to SP3 on the one of the three servers that is currently affected. If rolling back to SP3 resolves the problem, then I’ll rollback to SP3 on the two remaining servers plus my 2nd domain controller.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Weeks, Travis (COX-Atlanta)
Sent:
Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Server Reboot problem after SP4 installation

I had an issue with one of the 45 or so DC's I installed SP4 on.  It would reboot itself every few hours for no apparent reason.  Dropping it back to SP3 fixed the problem.

One thing to think about is that if he has already reapplied SP4 then he probably does not have the ability to uninstall SP4 and go back to SP3.  Doesnt the unintall folder get overwritten if you reapply the service pack?