From: Darren Mar-Elia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 1:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Incredibly slow log on

Mark-
When these strange slowdowns happen, I usually find it helpful to enable
userenv logging on the workstation. The problems could be a combination
of GPO processing and profile downloading. The fact that NT clients
don't have a problem points towards a possible hangup in GPO processing,
since NT doesn't process GPOs. Check out
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221833 to enable
verbose userenv logging and then take a look at the resulting log file.
The events in there are time-stamped, with the tail of the file being
the most recent events. Look for long lag times in between events. If
you need help interpreting the file, go ahead and send me an email off
line.

Good luck,

Darren