From: Travis Riddle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Password Policy

I made a slight error when creating a group policy, and now need some advice
on how to fix it.  Hopefully some one will be kind enough to help out.  I
have a single domain with 2 sites.  I created a Default Policy for the
entire domain with fairly minimal settings (such as password policy, proxy
settings and a few IE settings).  Our manufacturing facility is our largest
site, and our corporate offices is significantly smaller, so instead of
applying one policy several times I set block policy inheritance for the
corporate OU (so they wouldn't get the Proxy and IE settings).  I then set
password settings on the separate corporate OU.  Well, I guess I didn't
realize at the time that you could only have one password policy for the
domain, so basically they haven't had to change their passwords for some
time now.

So here is the problem, I need to enable the password policy for corporate,
but if I do I think it will immediately expire their passwords (since they
are well over 90 days old).  Is my thinking wrong here, and is there a way
around this or am I going to have to call the corporate guys and have them
manually change their passwords?  Any ideas?

Your suggestions are much appreciated,

Thanks,

Travis