I was thinking along the same lines only we don't have some critical
information to make the call... That being what does the replication pathing
look like and how big are these domains/how big will they be/how many
changes going through them. If the two domains are on opposite sides of a
very slow link this could be a bad solution. If they are all on the same LAN
I would probably make them all GC's.

One additional possible exception which is entirely Exchangecentric is if I
was using DL's and wanted people to be able to modify them via Outlook.
There is a nice bug[1] with the whole thing around how DL's are managed with
Outlook in E2K. If you do want to do this, you have to be very careful on
how you configure your GC's or the users will have to be hard set to a GC
for outlook. Either way you have to be very smart about the placement of the
DL's (i.e. what their home domain is).

  joe

[1] Well MS says it is unintended feature, definitely not a bug. Those of us
who identify bugs on a regular basis easily recognize this little
multilegged bastard. I recognize a bug as either a negative change in
previous functionality or unintended consequences that MS didn't realize
before shipping. I.E. What was the intent? If the intent was for the
functionality to specifically not work in a certain circumstance and MS
specifically coded it that way on purpose with full understanding, that is
not a bug.