I talked to Compaq/HP (whatever you want to call them this week) about this
issue since we saw the same thing when we bought ours. Same scenario. We
went with Standard Edition for our DCs since there was no performance hit
due to the hyperthreading issue, according to their support dept and what I
could find on their site and at MS.
There's a paper available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/platform/proc/HT-Windows.mspx
That talks about the licensing bit as well as a lot of tech info, but you
don't need Enterprise for that server.
Running fine for me...

Charlie Kaiser
MCSE, CCNA