From: Jef Kazimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 5. November 2003 17:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] DHCP - DNS - DnsUpdateProxy Group

When specifying DHCP servers in the DnsUpdateProxy,  should the ACL For the
record show the machine account (DHCPSERV1$) or should it show
(DNSUPDATEPROXY)?

I'm looking at some Zones, and I see that the DHCP server as having
FullControl, and the owner as SYSTEM.

Would a 2nd DHCP server in the DNSUPDATEPROXY group be able to update the
record?

Also, I am in the middle of scripting converting Reverse zones from a Class
B to a more granular Class C scheme. We need to turn on scavenging on only
specific zones, and not other to avoid missing records.

If I export and re-import these records,  my account shows up on the ACL,
and the owner of SYSTEM.  I am going to assume that the DHCP nor a w2k
client can not update these records.

Is there a way to import records and retain the DNSUpdateProxy ACL even
though it is a system group?

Any suggestions?  I fear these PTR records would not be able to the
refreshed until after they are scavenged....

Jef