Actually, removing a computer from the domain on the client side (i.e.
changing its domain membership to a workgroup) does NOT remove the machine
account from AD (nor did it remove the account in NT4 domains). No domain
rights are required to remove a machine from the domain - you can prove this
by using the local admin account of a machine to remove it from the domain.
Local admin has no domain rights, yet you can remove the machine from the
domain.

The only action I know of which will remove the computer account
automatically is running DCPromo to remove a DC.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm