Hi,

I just wanted to clarify something before recommending it to the client.

If you are not installing the DNS server during the DCPROMO, it won't create
a new _Msdcs.domain.com zone automatically.  I am going to recommend
creating a _mscdcs.doamin.com before the DCPRMO.  If you do this it will
automatically populate all the records in the appropriate zones, then change
the replication scope to forest wide.

I wanted to make sure I am doing the right thing.  I am using Windows 2003
DNS.  Is there any other option out there other than configuring _mscds zone
manually?  I don’t plan to install DNS during the DCPROMO.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Santhosh

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm