From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GRILLENMEIER,GUIDO (HP-Germany,ex1)
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] "Program Data" container

really depends on the app and how it is related to security in the enterprise - similar to what Eric said rgd. ADAM "But if you don't need them (independent Schmema/DSA), don't go with it. Let's not over-engineer the solution.

I wouldn't want app specific data, which is very much related to authentication in my forest to be held on yet another directory, that I need to secure. E.g. are serial-numbers for certain smart-card authentication solutions - I sure am happy to have these added to the NOS AD and don't want them stored separately (either directly in the domain partitions or within a separate app-partition.)

my 0.02 Euro-Cents ;-)

/Guido