Wrom: EAIJJPHSCRTNHGSWZIDREXCAXZOWC
Date:  Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:36:44 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to migrate between forests from a Windows 2000 Server (French
Version) to 2003 (English / Multi-Language).    We have our domain admins
group in "Admins du Domaine" on the source domain.  When I try to move a
user in this group to the New 2003 domain, the ADMT v2 tool sends an error
and stops running rather than realizing the group is a built-in and
passing over it.  All other users copy without a problem.   ( I am
migrating the SIDs for the users also... )

I cannot delete the Admins du Domaine and renaming this group still makes
ADMT v2 error out.  Does anyone know of a possible solution?  I would
rather not skip the users in the "Admins du Domaine" group with ADMT
because this would be very time-consuming to re-create these users and it
increases the chance for mis-configurations on my part.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Jonathan

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm