Our public nameserver is running Linux and we could enable it for use on the DC but that would mean we would have to punch a hole in the firewall.  But putting a hole in the firewall is not something that will be approved.

Doing something with ADSI programming seems to be the only logical solution at this point but my experience just doesn’t take me there yet.  I am doing a lot of reading now but need a quicker solution.  I would think that M$FT had some kind of tool already that would query a remote nameserver and import those setting for a domain.  Would I be correct?  If not, M$FT, does anyone know of another tool maybe from a 3rd party developer?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Coleman, Hunter
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 9:47 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Authoritative Domain Problem

Since your DC (rightly) believes it is authoratative for mycompany.net, it won't matter what you have set up for forwarding. Any request coming to your DC for resolving *.mycompany.net is going to get answered by the DC. It will either return the requested information or say that the information doesn't exist.

What you'll need to do is manually add in the records for the daily accessed servers. Or, if those servers are joined to your Win2k3 domain and you have dynamic DNS enabled, the servers can register themselves.

As a sidenote, take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255134. Not sure if this has changed for Win2k3, but definitely worth following up.