-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Benway
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 7:54 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] RIS and software install by GPO replacement

I've started to research didn't options to replace RIS and deploying
software via GPO.

We are currently running windows 2000 AD. We have 4 remote locations
over different speed WAN links. Most of our PC's are win2k or XP. I've
been able to get by using RIS and GPO. But I'm growing sick of the
limitations. RIS limited to broadcasts, having to redistribute software
when I update an admin share (office XP), Not being able to redistribute
to only a single machine. Bandwidth issues for installs.

I like the fact that RIS does an install not an image, but I would like
to be able to image my dell server, the blade servers mostly.

I'm looking at Ghost,On.com,landesk,Altiris,SMS,etc.

We have about 460 workstations total.

I'm just looking for feedback from the group.

Thanks,jb