Seyboldt, Volker wrote:

But be aware that you cannot use Altiris and RIS in the same network...

Sure you can -- Just configure both pxe servers to respond only to known hosts - although this also depends on the configuration of your DHCP server. If ya have multiple pxe servers with Altiris, then you can't have your dhcp server sending out an option 60. Not totally sure how this plays with RIS, but I'm sure they can work together. Microsoft's documentation even says so. :)

Also, the Altiris pxe server used to have a limitation of how many MAC addresses you could list in the filter (it was a low number - like 48?) but I don't know if newer versions have raised that limit. At the time I was doing this, they blamed the limitation on Intel, but I'm skeptical about that...

Robbie Foust, IT Analyst
Systems and Core Services
Duke University

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm