Robbie Foust <> mused on Thursday, March 11, 2004 7:28 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Actually, this brings up a question I've wanted to ask for some time.
> Why does Event ID 1083 get logged when an account is locked out?  I'm
> trying to understand what exactly is causing the "directory is busy"
> message.

If it's just randomly ocurring, as far as lockouts go, I'd chalk it up
to collisions caused by urgent replication

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306091

The following events may be logged if immediate replication is triggered
(for example, by an urgent replication for a user lockout condition) and
collides with the local Active Directory update:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NTDS Replication
Event Category: Replication
Event ID: 1083
Replication warning: The directory is busy. It couldn't update object
CN=... with changes made by directory GUID._msdcs.domain. Will try again
later.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm