Hi all,

Question:

Has anyone experienced issues or know of any 'gotchas' with linking other GPO objects to the Domain Controllers OU in addition to the Default Domain Controllers Policy.

Rationale:

I would like to have a GPO ready that essentially has Windows Update enabled for deploying approved updates from a central SUS server. When an update is available, tested and if required, the GPO is linked to the Domain Controllers OU and available for install depending on each DC's detection cycle and configured parameters.

Why not modify the Default Domain Controllers Policy?

At least this way, I will have complete control of when updates are pushed and importantly, if I would like to retract the updates unlinking this 'other' GPO is easier and I believe safer than changing configuration settings on the Default Domain Controllers Policy.

Another nice feature would be that the by unlinking this policy the update would also be removed from the Windows Update folder on each client (the DC).

Your thoughts, suggestions and comments are as always, appreciated.

Thanks,
Devan.