In that case, as the other poster mentioned DNS.cmd might be a better way.

Al

From: AD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 2:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Anyone ever convert dnsRecord attribute?

I am looking for duplicate registrations in the reverse lookup zone. I am hoping to export everything to txt (40000+ objects) file so I can parse using excel. I actually found the article you mention but the I have to install the WMI provider on the DC. I am hoping to avoid this if I can. Tha't why I am hoping to use LDAP with some sort of OctetString converter.