-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Adner
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 10:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DEC Chatter - Was something else...

> 1. Caching Domain Controllers - basically a DC that did 2. Multiple
> domain hosting from a single DC.

In combination, these would definitely be nice for larger environments that
have multiple Domain's with cutting down on hardware costs.  Although I
suppose individual DC's would need to be a bit beefier, at least there'd be
a decrease in physical space requirements and some efficiencies gained
somewhere.  It would also help for DR type scenarios, too.

> 3. Ability to stop/start Active Directory on the fly as a normal
> service.

This has always been a big request of mine as having to reboot into a
special mode just to perform certain DS maintenance really annoys me.  Also,
if DNS is installed with AD integrated zones, the DNS server should go into
a caching mode while the DS service is temporarily offline.

> 7. Ability to have multiple password/lockout/complexity policies per
> domain

A popular request, I'm sure.