All,

Thanks for the feedback.  There's some good information here that will help us
determine the best way to do this.  We're going to have an AMER and EMEA domain with
an empty root but want to quickly and easily obtain the photo of any individual for
security purposes.  Over 60,000 users.

I agree that it's not necessarily something that we want replicated on all domain
controllers.  But the nature of our WAN dictates that we need to have all photos
fairly local -- pulling from across the Atlantic is too tedious even for small files.
We have decent connectivity within those domains.

I originally was leaning toward SQL with a web front-end and deal with the latency (or
replicate/cluster).  However, AD/AM is in interesting idea as well as we can then have
separate front-ends and pull from the replicated (only where necessary) database.
We're going to have additional issues like "how do we get digital photos of everyone
and who's going to crop or compress all of the photos, etc, etc,etc.  Sounds like
fun...

Thanks,
Mike

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm