ofcourse I'm biased, but I'd also compare OpenView for Windows with the AD SPI to the rest - it's pretty powerful and has some awsome features (such as the 3D-View of the AD topology etc.)

You'll like this whitepaper, which is generally rather useful to understand what you need to monitor (not only about OV): http://www.openview.hp.com/products/smart_plug-ins/tech_whitepaper/spi_msad_twp_manage_apr03.pdf

It's been written by some folks who really know AD.

/Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nathan Casey
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. April 2004 20:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Management and monitoring

I have been asked to evaluate a monitoring solution for AD. The only product I have tested so far is NetPro's suite, Diagnostics for Active Directory (DAD), which I like. Does anyone have experience using the other solutions available such as MOM, NetiQ’s APP Manager for AD, or Quests Management suite for Windows? Any feedback on any of these products would be appreciated.

Thank
Nathan