IMHO, it will be tough to beat MOM long term. The company writing the directory software is in a good position to write the best monitoring software for it. They should definitely be ahead of the curve in terms of monitoring new things the directory does in newer versions.

   joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nathan Casey
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Management and monitoring

I have been asked to evaluate a monitoring solution for AD. The only product I have tested so far is NetPro's suite, Diagnostics for Active Directory (DAD), which I like. Does anyone have experience using the other solutions available such as MOM, NetiQs APP Manager for AD, or Quests Management suite for Windows? Any feedback on any of these products would be appreciated.

Thank
Nathan