Title: Message

Having a DFS structure would mean that you would have 4 servers each with 1 TB of information on them because everything gets replicated to all locations in the DFS.  DFS will NOT put 250 GB on one server, 250 GB on another server and so on.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rutherford, Robert
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DFS

You can install a DFS root on a DC or member server.

It should work fine, in terms of splitting down a server and distributing the data over a number of other servers. I'm assuming you only want to use DFS to make a central share access hierarchy?

I would not use the replication side of it though as it's inherently flawed... well it was on 2000 and have read it hasn't changed that significantly on 2k3. If you do want to use the replication then I would only use it for read only data, i.e. Application distribution points.

BR,

Rob