From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 10:23 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Replication issues

Hmmm.

We've discussed this before on the thread, I believe.

Bottom line is (or at least used to be .. W2K3 SP1 at least fixes
this) that cleared intruder lockouts take a long time to replicate.
So .. remote user calls central help desk after locking himself out.  Help
desk analyst (maybe resets password and) clears lockout.  New password
takes effect immediately through PDCE fallback.  Cleared intruder lockout
does not.  User gets frustrated.

One solution is to simply reset passwords and clear lockouts on the
user's home DC.  In case the user is elsewhere (on a business trip, for
example), try to figure out which DC he will use, and reset/clear on
that one as well.

This is probably asking too much of the help desk analyst, who may not
be aware of the AD structure, or the user's location / site / IP .... so
some automation would help.

<WARNING!!  ADVERTISING MODE ON!!>
  We make a program that can reset passwords (self-service or
  assisted), and understands AD well enough to figure out on which
  DC(s) to reset passwords and clear intruder lockouts.

  http://psynch.com/
</NO MORE ADVERTISING>

Good luck,

-- Idan