From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 8:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Active Directory and Other LDAP Integration

No, MIIS is not being used.  I don't believe that the Security Group
reviewed the product.  They are about to pilot/implement CA Enterprise
Admin.  Like MIIS, it has hooks into some of the major LDAPs and is supposed
to be very scriptable.  In fact, although they have an AD integration piece,
the direct feed into AD violates part of my principle design for our AD
infrastructure, which is to force all AD Object Change/Add/Moves to go
through the Aelita EDM product to enforce business rules and data
consistency.  CA has stated the integration should be able to be done
completely via scripted integration...we're about to find out.

How are other companies doing directory services integration.  How was that
tied into an authentication strategy?

Eric Jones, Senior SE
Intel Server Group
(W) 336.424.3084
(M) 336.457.2591
www.vfc.com

             "Cotter, Paul M."
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             ail.activedir.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ActiveDir] Active Directory
             04/28/2004 05:27          and Other LDAP Integration
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                tivedir.org

Are you looking at MIIS as an account provisioning/automation tool?

Paul