From: Mulnick, Al
Sent: Tue 5/18/2004 2:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] dns issues

WINS?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 5:17 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] dns issues

I had my primary fsmo role holder(pdc,infra,rid) go down. It was also a dns
server(ad intergrated). i ran ntdutil and removed the server from AD. I also
had another dns server running.
I transfered all the fsmo roles to this server.
Now however, i have a ton of what i think are dns issuses. I have clients
who are stuck at "applying security settings" and never logon(however, they
can when in safe mode with networking).
also, i tried to join a workstation to my domain and it gave me a "connot
contact domain" error.
the clients are all pointing to the new dns server via dhcp.
there are no errors in the dns log or in directory services log.
this is a child domain and the zone was delegated from the root.

what gives?
thanks