-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rimmerman, Russ
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] DNS Issues

Since changing our DNS design from forwarding to our old firewall which had
root-hints built into it, to forwarding our DNS to our empty forest root
domain controllers with the root-hints on them, we are not getting all our
DNS lookups.

For example, http://www.volksbanksalzburg.at right now is not resolving for
us.  Yet if we RDP into one of our home PCs, it resolves fine.  So my
question is, is there anything weird about Windows 2000 root-hints or DNS
servers that would cause us to not be able to look up some hostnames
properly in DNS?  Or what would cause this issue?
This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information of the
Cooper Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions and may be
confidential or privileged.

This e-mail should be read, copied, disseminated and/or used only by the
addressee. If you have received this message in error please delete it,
together with any attachments, from your system.