From: Edwin
Sent: Thu 6/17/2004 3:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remove Exchange Store

Thank you for the URL's.  I will definitely give them a review.  Removing an
Exchange server that was not gracefully is exactly what I need to do.

To answer your question, no, I do not have 2 Exchange servers with the same
name on the same domain.

But I did have 2 Exchange servers on the new domain that the data was being
transferred to.  Each server had its own name.  One server was named
NEWEXCHANGE (temp server) and the other EXCHSVR2 (migrated server).

The server being migrated was copied to the temp server and then taken
offline.  The temp server then had some clean up work performed on it.
After the clean up work was done, the temp server was reinstalled but never
removed from the new domain.

I guess to fully understand, if still confusing, it would be one of those
things that you just had to be here for.

Thank you for your reply,
Edwin