Hey Edwin...

If you don't roam it, it will still use the local one, not go away.  From
the way i understand it.

This is from the GPO...

Lets you add to the list of folders excluded from the user's roaming
profile.

This setting lets you exclude folders that are normally included in the
user's profile. As a result, these folders do not need to be stored by the
network server on which the profile resides and do not follow users to
other computers.

By default, the History, Local Settings, Temp, and Temporary Internet Files
folders are excluded from the user's roaming profile.

If you enable this setting, you can exclude additional folders.

If you disable this setting or do not configure it, only the default
folders are excluded.

Note: You cannot use this setting to include the default folders in a
roaming user profile.

John

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Edwin"                |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           06/17/2004 10:34 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                       |
  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject:  RE: [ActiveDir] Quick Launch Bar
                                  |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hmmmm....in addition to my previous question about the Quick Launch bar, I
am not able to delete any shortcuts that I place there.  It is weird how I
can add a new shortcut to the Quick Launch bar but I cannot remove it.

Also, the new shortcuts ask me to DL the file just like the default icons.
When checking the properties of the shortcut on the Quick Lauch, the path
shows the UNC path to the roaming profile directory which is the exact same
as when checking the properties for the shortcut on the start menu.

Okay.  So now I see where John was going with the "buggy" Quick Launch bar,
but I don't believe that the end users will appreciate it going away as was
suggested.