-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edwin
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 12:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Software Restriction Policy

I have a GPO to prevent all types of MMC's to be opened by anyone other than
an administrator.

This works well except that we have a Enterprise Manager installed on
workstations to communicate with live SQL Servers.

MSSQL uses a MMC to open Enterprise Manager.  How can I allow the technical
support department to open EM on their workstations without removing the
snap-in policy or prohibiting each snap-in individually within the policy?

It seems like I would have to install EM on the DC in order for it to
recognize the EM MMC Snap-in so that I could exclusively allow it.  I would
think that there is another way.

I have removed the GPO policy for the snap-in's since I don't believe that a
non-privileged user will be able to do anything except view information.

Am I right in saying that the software has to be installed on the DC in
order to recognized the MMC filename?  If so, is there no other alternative?

Thank you.

Edwin