We currently have a mish-mash of Microsoft DNS and DHCP in use as well as QIP
(outdated and not supported) for these services.  Our network group is strongly in
favor of an overall IP address management tool such as QIP or MetaIP for DNS and DHCP
as these are just part of the capability of the tools.  The real value to those tools
lies outside of merely DHCP and DNS.  They need to what device is on what address
and/or whether the address is available, regardless of whether it's part of a DHCP
scope or not.  We also have ping blocked throughout most of the environment in
response to the viruses/worms that came out some time ago.

We're 65,000 users across 600 offices across 6 countries.  We're currently some Active
Directory and some NT4.0.  We have a project to migrate to a global AD design.  This
effort is part of the project.

What I'm hoping for is that some of you, in large environments like ours, would be
kind enough to share how you're handling DNS/DHCP and IP address management so we can
get some perspective.  Or if you have a recommendation for a methodology or a product,
please share.

Our network group's biggest gripe about Microsoft DNS and DHCP is no centralized
reporting or management as well as lack of support for IP addresses that lie outside
of the DHCP scopes.

Thanks,
Mike