From: Sumit Kumar Laad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 July 2004 11:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Help needed for ADR

hey Rob,
Thans for a lovely response...
The remote computer is also has windows 2000 professional edition. I
found many third party applications but i am bound to use a windows
utility. the concept is that........ the net speed being slow its not so
easy to work with that folder on share....so better have a copy of that
folder on local computer which keeps on synchronising with the original
folder at regular intervals of time. plzz let me know if active
direcotry would help

regards
sumit

> If the machine in the other location is a 2000/2003 server then you
> can use offline file replication.. Use something like
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/data
> ce

nter/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ
> /2003/datacenter/proddocs/en-us/csc_setup_computer.asp as a starter.
>
> There are also many 3rd party apps which will perform the
> function..just search the internet. You could of also schedule a batch

> file to run to copy.
>
> You have many options.
>
> BR
>
> Rob