Title: LastLogOn

Hello Everyone!

Our company has just acquired another division, and they already have AD infrastructure in place. Currently they have about 8 Domain Controllers worldwide. Because theirs and our IP addresses overlap, they will be changing their entire IP address infrastructure. Can anyone recommend a best practice regarding changing the IP addresses on all of these domain controllers? Is there a particular order? I am especially concerned with _msdcs.gc folder, because when I tried this in the lab with just 4 DCs everything broke after IPs have changed, and no matter what I did afterwards, the .gc folder would fail to appear. (I tried just about everything, even completely wiping the DNS zone and recreating it, followed by restarting netlogon, etc). Every DC in the lab was set as GC, and I tried setting it on and off, restarting the DC afterwards. Still no .gc folder in DNS.

Thank you very much everyone!

-Alex