From: Tony Murray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 July 2004 16:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] LastLogOn

Hi Rob

The lastLogon attribute is not replicated between DCs.  Even if you were
able to script something to do this, you would need to query all the DCs
in the site (or the entire domain if you wanted better accuracy) and
then sort the results.  For most implementations this is simply not
practical.

With Windows 2003 AD things improve slightly with the lastLogonTimeStamp
attribute, which is replicated between DCs in the same domain.  By
default it is only accurate to the nearest week (because of the need to
keep replication traffic down to a respectable level).

I don't know of any good way to achieve what you want to do.

Tony
Wrom: CUFPEGAUTFJMVRESKPNKMBIPBARHDMNNSKVFVWRKJVZCMHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCDD
Date:   Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:25:59 +0100

Dear All,

Not in anyway being a scripter....

How would I get the date and time a user last logged on to pop up on
their screen at logon? I guess it would be via the 'lastlogon'
attribute? Linked into a login script?

Cheers,

Rob
This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and may be
privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Unless you
are the intended recipient, you should not copy this e-mail for any
purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.
The MCPS-PRS Alliance is not responsible for the completeness or
accuracy of this communication as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Whilst the MCPS-PRS Alliance monitors all communications for
potential viruses, we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage
caused by this e-mail and the information it contains. It is the
recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachments for
viruses. Any
e-mails sent to and from the MCPS-PRS Alliance servers may be monitored
for quality control and other purposes.

The MCPS-PRS Alliance Limited is a limited company registered in England
under company number 03444246 whose registered office is at c/o 29-33
Berners Street, London, W1T 3AB.