-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Graham Turner
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD replication from 5.5 using ADC

hopefully once again i am not charged with going too O/T with this one, but
was looking to get a bit of further information on the potential impact of a
replication from an exchange 5.5 server to a win2k AD

it seems there is potential for the change of attributes already in the AD
if there is different data in the 5.5 directory.

the most obvious of these seems to be the "display name" given its
prevalence in most directories, and likelihood (this is true in this specfic
case) of different convention being used between the directories;

in 5.5 we have surname ^ firstname , whilst on AD we have the other way
round !

i have reviewed the ADC documentation

seems there are two ways we can acheive some sort of control -

i. default adc policy where we can set globally certain attribute data not
to be replicated

ii. 'connection agreement' policy which is manipulated using ADSI edit

the latter seems preferable given scope for different CA configuration

could anyone possibly explain what this actually does - the ADC doc's
reference quotes "Do not overwrite RDN with the Exchange 5.5 Alias
attribute."

don't know if this is a typo but the alias in a 5.5 directory does not look
to relate to the display name as the technote seems to suggest

does this ADC configuraton value relate ONLY to the replication of the
"display name" ??

am i also right to say that this MSEXCHSERVER1FLAGS value controls the
behaviour when replicating to Windows (and by implication from Exchange
5.5 ) ?? and that the  msexchserver2flags value controls the behaviour the
other way round ?

if i am too O/T my apologies -

GT