I saw your previous post, just didn't get a chance to hit it yet.

The answer, if I understand the question, is the schema.

Whether an attribute replicates or not is controlled by a bit in the
systemFlags attribute. Bit 1 to be exact...

So if you want to look at your AD and find out all attributes that don't
replicate you do the following

Adfind -schema -bit -f systemflags:AND:=1 ldapdisplayname

In my main test forest which is 2K3 Native (brand new not 2K upgrade) with
2K3 installed (brand new not 2K upgrade) I get about or so non-replicating
attributes. If I filter out backlinks (exercise for the class why you don't
have to replicate back links...) with the following query

Adfind -schema -bit -f "&(systemflags:AND:=1)(!(linkid:AND:=1))"
ldapdisplayname

I get 31 attributes and they are below...

In the meanwhile, settings for DNS that don't get replicated are probably
kept in the registry or some config file for DNS.

  joe

[Thu 08/05/2004 18:39:11.21]
F:\DEV\cpp\NetSess>Adfind -schema -bit -f
"&(systemflags:AND:=1)(!(linkid:AND:=1))" ldapdisplayname

AdFind V01.17.00cpp Joe Richards ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) May 2004

Transformed Filter:
&(systemflags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=1)(!(linkid:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=1)
)
Using server: 2k3dc01.joe.com
Base DN: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com

dn:CN=Last-Logoff,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: lastLogoff

dn:CN=Last-Logon,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: lastLogon

dn:CN=Bad-Password-Time,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: badPasswordTime

dn:CN=Bad-Pwd-Count,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: badPwdCount

dn:CN=Logon-Count,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: logonCount

dn:CN=Repl-Property-Meta-Data,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: replPropertyMetaData

dn:CN=Repl-UpToDate-Vector,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: replUpToDateVector

dn:CN=Reps-From,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: repsFrom

dn:CN=Reps-To,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: repsTo

dn:CN=RID-Next-RID,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: rIDNextRID

dn:CN=RID-Previous-Allocation-Pool,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: rIDPreviousAllocationPool

dn:CN=Schema-Update,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: schemaUpdate

dn:CN=Modified-Count,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: modifiedCount

dn:CN=Server-State,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: serverState

dn:CN=ms-DS-Cached-Membership,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: msDS-Cached-Membership

dn:CN=ms-DS-Cached-Membership-Time-Stamp,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,D
C=com
>lDAPDisplayName: msDS-Cached-Membership-Time-Stamp

dn:CN=Sub-Refs,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: subRefs

dn:CN=ms-DS-ExecuteScriptPassword,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: msDS-ExecuteScriptPassword

dn:CN=DS-Core-Propagation-Data,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: dSCorePropagationData

dn:CN=Obj-Dist-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: distinguishedName

dn:CN=Object-Guid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: objectGUID

dn:CN=ms-DS-ReplicationEpoch,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: msDS-ReplicationEpoch

dn:CN=ms-DS-Retired-Repl-NC-Signatures,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=
com
>lDAPDisplayName: msDS-RetiredReplNCSignatures

dn:CN=USN-Changed,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: uSNChanged

dn:CN=USN-Created,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: uSNCreated

dn:CN=Partial-Attribute-Deletion-List,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=c
om
>lDAPDisplayName: partialAttributeDeletionList

dn:CN=Partial-Attribute-Set,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: partialAttributeSet

dn:CN=USN-Last-Obj-Rem,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: uSNLastObjRem

dn:CN=Pek-List,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: pekList

dn:CN=When-Changed,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: whenChanged

dn:CN=Prefix-Map,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>lDAPDisplayName: prefixMap

31 Objects returned

[Thu 08/05/2004 18:39:15.40]
F:\DEV\cpp\NetSess>