-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Lefkovics
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 3:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Tombstone Lifetime and DC Replication

I think this normally comes up when an old backup is restored, but...

I have a pair of lab DCs on Windows 2003 that have been turned off for
longer than the tombstone lifetime of 60 days.

In firing them up, they will no longer speak to one another like each thinks
the other has cooties.
This is by design, of course.

I was going to force the removal of the one without the FSMO roles with
DCPromo and then rejoin.  Is that the simplest course of action?

Thanks in advance.

William