Right, but this feature was turned off in GPO, so the box was not
supposed to crash.
And how would you explain the working replication (with full security
logs) till the box is rebooted manually and only then enters the
"crashed" state ?

We indeed have a policy for keeping 3 months of security logs and
meanwhile it takes between one to two weeks to fill the logs, but this
is a new forest and users keep arriving, so eventually we will need to
implement a more serious approach.

Guy